How to manage your career before someone manages it for you
Techniques and tactics for proactive career management.
We live in an age of career disruption and career opportunity. Companies merge and relocate; business models change, skills and experience no longer align with business needs, technologies become obsolete. We become so focused on the day to day of the business that we rarely take into account what is coming around the corner to impact our careers. We react rather than plan and respond to trigger that someone else has pulled. Many times it is too late.
This presentation of proactive career management techniques will provide you with a new perspective to control the direction and sustain the success of your career.
- Learn the five skills that will help you act upon rather than react to career challenges.
- Develop more satisfaction and engagement in your current role
- Discover new opportunities
- Increase your visibility
- Demonstrate your value.
The things you need to know:
- Do you have an accomplishment portfolio?
- Do you know why you should never bring your resume to a networking event and what to do instead?
- Google is the new resume, are you on it and do you know what it says about you?
- How do you answer “ So tell me about yourself”?
- Can you clearly describe what it is that you want to do next?
- Can you answer the 3 questions that every employer has about a candidate?
Allyn Gardner is an Executive Coach and Career Management Consultant with King & Bishop Co. and provides coaching at the Harvard Business School, Babson College, the Olin School of Management. He holds degrees from the American University in Washington DC and the University of Massachusetts and certification from the International Coaching Federation.
King & Bishop is one of the most highly regarded Recruiting and HR consulting firms in Boston and the nation; serving many industries and their needs. Founded in 1983, King & Bishop has worked with companies throughout North America and the United Kingdom. We are a professional services organization focused on the delivery of Full Service Staffing Programs including Human Resources Consulting and Career Management Services. Our portfolio of services includes Direct and Temporary Staffing , Management Development Coaching and Outplacement and Executive Services.How to manage your career before some...
Date and Time
Wednesday Nov 7, 2018
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EST
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
30 Exchange Terrace
Providence, RI 02903
Social media contact for go-to-market campaign