Rhode Island Housing
Rhode Island Housing works to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a safe, healthy home that meets their needs. Our belief is that a home encompasses much more than four walls and a roof.
A good home provides the foundation upon which families can thrive, children can learn and grow, and communities can prosper. To achieve our mission, we do the following:
• Offer fair, affordable and innovative lending programs
• Educate homebuyers, homeowners and housing developers
• Advocate for and finance sensible development that builds vibrant and well-balanced communities
• Provide grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need
• Work with partners to improve everything we do
As a self-sustaining public agency, Rhode Island Housing generates its own operating income, without state funding. Everything
we earn is reinvested to provide safe, healthy homes for Rhode Islanders.
To accomplish this, Rhode Island Housing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including fellow employees.