RIHousing – Intern - Communications
Hourly Rate - $15.00
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it's all about:
RIHousing is looking for a Communications intern to assist with various initiatives, including events planning, internal and external communications efforts, and outreach in support of our mission. This communications internship is a 3-6 month paid internship. This role requires an energetic, dedicated, and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team player with a willingness to learn and the ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities.
Depending on the skillset, this individual will assist with communications tasks including, but not limited to, writing and editing for a variety of projects, social media content, event coordination, and other communications and administrative support tasks as assigned.
What you'll do on a daily basis:
Applicants will provide support in the following areas. As no single applicant is likely to have all of the following skills, applicants with experience in at least 2-3 of these areas and a willingness to expand their skillset should feel comfortable applying.
- Draft and organize social media content for a variety of channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Create and coordinate content for social media campaigns and observances
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics, and tools
- General social media planning, research, reporting, and coordination as assigned
Writing and Editing:
- Photo captions
- Project descriptions
- Press releases and media advisories
- Help compile and update media contact lists
- Prepare media reports on assigned subjects
- Identify and research opportunities to share stories
- Assist with press release/media advisory writing and distribution
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating of photo/video shoots
Miscellaneous Communications and Administrative Support:
- Taking notes during meetings
- Create and manage PowerPoint presentations
- Update contact management database
- Report preparation for meetings and presentations
- Ordering of supplies and branded items
- Event planning and coordination
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Take the initiative and drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to take feedback and direction with strong attention to detail
- Basic design skills, proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.