Facilities Management is an exceptionally talented team built from a diverse group of individuals who are passionate about providing the highest levels of quality craftsmanship, customer service, and teamwork through sustainable practices and who take pride in supporting the mission of the University and Facilities Management “We Care” principle values.
Licensed Plumber performs skilled plumbing work in the maintenance, repair, alteration or minor construction of institution facilities. Performs journeyperson level work required to maintain, repair, alter or install plumbing systems within buildings. Performs other related duties as required.
This position is considered essential. Personnel may be required to respond to campus emergencies both during and off shift.
Job Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school graduate or GED (trade school preferred)
- Five years' related work experience
- Two years' vocational training may be substituted for up to two years work experience
- Backflow certification required within 6 months from probationary period
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license
- Must possess their own hand tools (see shop list)
- Must maintain required licenses as a condition of employment
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- Thorough knowledge of plumbing standards and techniques and the ability to skillfully apply the same
- Must be willing to respond to emergency call-backs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to meet and effectively deal with others in the University community
- Ability to use electronic devices such as iPhone, iPad, and other job related software applications
- Objective bench test and/or field test will be required
- Willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment
Additional physical demands and working conditions:
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders, lifts, scaffolding, bucket truck, and staging at various heights, and to walk throughout the duration of a shift
- May be required to have the ability to work in areas needing a respirator
- This position is classified as on-site
- Position is subject to pre-employment screenings
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and pre-employment screenings.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.