Asset Manager/Multi-Family Compliance
RIHousing – Asset Manager/Multi-Family Compliance
Salary - $57,363.38 - $83,176.90
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the administration of U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rental subsidy contracts along with accurate and timely completion of assigned regulatory compliance file audits, management reviews and physical property inspections for rental units within RIHousing’s multi-family loan portfolio, in accordance with appropriate federal, state and agency guidelines and policies.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Conduct physical property inspections and/or file audits and prepare accompanying documentation and correspondence as required to ensure the property is in compliance with the specific program regulations.
- Process a variety of documentation related to subsidy payments, contracts, and rent adjustments for assigned developments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct Management and Occupancy Reviews, monitor, and analyze Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program tenant occupancy and demographic data in the Web Tenant Compliance (WTC) software. Responsible to follow up with owner/agents to ensure compliance with HUD, LIHTC, state and local regulations.
- Process a variety of correspondence and documentation, including reporting of non-compliance related to assigned portfolio in an accurate and timely manner as established by the supervisor to ensure compliance with federal, state and RIHousing guidelines/policies.
- Mediate owner/tenant problems in a timely, professional manner through appropriate technical assistance as required.
- Provide technical assistance and training to management agents and their staff in all phases of property management.
- Perform specialized, technical administrative and/or reporting functions in an accurate and timely manner as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the team:
The incumbent assumes total responsibility for a portfolio consisting of approximately 50 affordable housing projects throughout the state. The incumbent will perform a variety of on-site physical inspections, including both Management and Occupancy Reviews in accordance with HUD regulations and LIHTC audits per Internal Revenue Service guidance, using state of the art software. This position is also responsible for analyzing and maintaining a portfolio database and performing compliance related functions for several other state and federal rental housing programs.
The incumbent must possess a comprehensive understanding of the compliance requirements of the HUD Section 8 program, the LIHTC program, and various other Federal and State rental housing programs. If not already certified, the incumbent will be required to obtain both a Tax Credit Program Compliance Certification and a certification related to the administration of the HUD Section 8 program through nationally recognized affordable housing training organizations approved by RIHousing within 120 days of date of hire.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business administration, or related field and/or property management certification; and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years property management or related housing experience.
- Tax credit compliance and Section 8 certifications obtained through nationally recognized affordable housing training organizations.
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese).
- Use of personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required.
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.