Supervisor Housing Choice Voucher Program
RIHousing – Supervisor Housing Choice Voucher Program
Salary Range - $60,829.40-$88,023.72
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of all aspects of the Section 8 Housing Assistance Program in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations through appropriate staff guidance and training. Incumbent resolves complex landlord/tenant issues, administers specialized programs, and monitors daily program operations.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
This incumbent provides guidance, supervision, and training to the Program Representatives as assigned. In this regard, the incumbent is well versed in all aspects of the Housing Choice Voucher Program, keeps current on changes in federal/state regulations, and communicates said changes to staff.
The incumbent is responsible for providing guidance and training to the Program Representatives assigned to their team in resolving landlord, tenant, admissions, and occupancy issues and resolves the more complex matters through proper interpretation of program regulations, internal policies, and/or legal documentation as necessary. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all of the assigned team goals are completed and participates in the termination of the subsidy hearing process.
The incumbent assists the Assistant Director and Housing Choice Voucher Program Manager in establishing and maintaining performance standards, develops and implements training programs, creates performance plans, writes employee evaluations for their designated team, and enforces disciplinary actions.
This position oversees the non-standard aspects of the Housing Choice Voucher Program, including, but not limited to, Portability, Mod Rehab units, the Project Based Voucher program, and the Centralized Wait List.
The incumbent is responsible for both implementing and providing guidance to their team on key daily program functions, including the issuing and leasing of all vouchers, scheduling inspections, maintaining appropriate program wait lists, ensuring and documenting proper tenant selection, tracking key performance measures for their portfolio such as utilization and success rates, and changing/modifying admissions processes to meet HUD requirements. Incumbent also assists the Housing Choice Voucher Program Manager in drafting, editing, and revising procedures manuals and program documentation and compiles various statistical reports or performs special projects as assigned. Finally, assists the Program Manager in completing Section Eight Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) Certification and quality control evaluations of the program.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Perform all required functions to ensure effective daily operation of the Housing Choice Voucher program in accordance with appropriate regulations and policies.
- Provide staff supervision, guidance, and training to ensure cost-effective program administration.
- Manage caseload assignments and monitor the performance of program staff as well as key program outcome measures.
- Process paperwork and establish program eligibility for families.
- Provide quality control oversight and monitoring for all waiting lists and applicant/tenant files.
- Develop HCVP program policies and procedures in consultation with Division Management
- Compile reports and perform special projects as assigned.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Five years of related housing management experience
- Strong working knowledge of applicable HUD regulations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, negotiation, and computer skills
- Property management certification is strongly preferred.
- Associate degree in business administration or related field (Bachelor preferred) or equivalent work experience required.
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Use of personal vehicle for occasional travel to meetings and training; valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide!
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
- PBN’s Worksite Health Award 2013-2023
- PBN’s Diversity Equity Inclusion Award 2023
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
RI HousingWhitley Werts