Providence Promise, the first Promise-based program in Rhode Island (2014), is seeking a Development Manager.
Providence Promise promotes high educational aspirations and more equitable opportunities for Providence Public School students by advocating for college savings accounts and family engagement, increasing financial literacy, and reducing the financial burden of higher education. Providence Promise works with families to overcome educational, economic, and racial inequities by helping them build financial assets, advocate for a better educational experience for their children, understand their rights and opportunities, and gain knowledge about higher education. We believe that quality education and family empowerment can lead to equitable, sustainable opportunities for our families and their children. While Providence Promise assists individual families, our goal is to ultimately enroll thousands of families and students, which will help transform the public-school system into a high performing institution that will benefit the community and which will build a college-going culture within the families, the school system and the community as a whole.
For more details about Providence Promise, please visit our website at pvdpromise.org.
The Development Manager will
- Report to, provide support to, and work collaboratively with the Executive Director;
- Design and implement a strategic fundraising plan in collaboration with the Executive Director;
- Represent Providence Promise at community events and activities;
- Identify and solicit donors;
- Provide observant stewardship of donors and donations;
- Facilitate the Fundraising Subcommittee of the Board of Directors;
- Organize and execute a fundraising campaign for Giving Tuesday;
- Organize and execute a fundraising campaign for Providence Promise’s 529 Day celebration;
- Provide support to the Executive Director to seek, write, and monitor grants and reports;
- Maintain the Every Action fundraising database;
- Attend relevant training sessions when applicable; and
- Perform other duties as necessary.
We are seeking a leader who brings energy and passion to this job, who is looking for a challenge and the possibility of making a big difference to families and young people within an urban area, and who is innovative, inspirational, flexible, and inclusive in their leadership style. Some combination of the following traits, qualifications, and experience are considered important.
- An energetic and passionate leader;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent public speaking skills;
- Knowledgeable in computer technology and databases;
- Knowledgeable or strong interest in fundraising and working with donors and prospective donors;
- Be a problem-solver who can identify the problem and determine the solution.
- Be reliable, punctual, and well-organized.
- Be confident in working with diverse groups and with peers.
- Have the ability to work independently but seek support and direction if necessary.
- College degree preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
A salary of up to $60,000 is based on previous successful work within similar initiatives. A full benefits package is included with this position.
A start date of August 1, 2022, or sooner.
If this position is of interest and if you believe you bring the experience and interest to lead this exciting initiative, please forward your confidential resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Providence Promise does not discriminate in hiring or the provision of services on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Gender, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Marital Status, or Sexual Orientation.