Analysis and Research Specialist
RIHousing – Analysis and Research Specialist
Salary Range - $60,829.40 – 88,023.72
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position collects and carries out detailed analysis of large data sets utilizing various technology platforms and prepares and presents reports and other materials that communicate complex information in a compelling and accessible format.
What you will do on a daily basis:
- Conduct program and public policy analysis using publicly available data and custom datasets
- Management and analysis of data using Tableau, Excel and other intelligence software and technology platforms
- Create accurate datasets from historical RIHousing program records
- Serve as a resource to other staff on how to use company data in the data warehouse to streamline company operations
- Work with IT staff to troubleshoot issues with SQL data warehouse
- Support discrete research projects to meet specific company needs
- Prepare and present detailed information in a clear and compelling way including reports, information sheets, and online materials
The incumbent supports the Manager of Research and Evaluation in implementing the Agency’s research agenda, manages the Agency’s data warehouse, and completes reports required by state and federal regulations. The position is responsible for a range of data management and analysis functions utilizing various technology platforms and business intelligence software. The incumbent also provides assistance in building data sets from historical RIHousing programs for the Agency’s data warehouse and assisting staff from all divisions in maximizing their utilization of the system. This position also assists in the development of reports and other materials which translate complicated information into accessible and compelling communication pieces.
Incumbent must be able to work effectively with individuals inside or outside the organization to procure and analyze required data, and to coach staff who may not be as well versed in Tableau on how to utilize the data warehouse to address data and reporting needs. This position will work with all divisions to collect data and accurately present its policy implications, and to assist Agency staff in utilization of the data warehouse.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, data science, business analytics, applied statistics or related field.
- Experience with utilization and manipulation of large data sets, particularly those involving the housing market or population demographics.
- Experience with data analysis software, such as ArcGIS, Stata, SPSS, Tableau or R preferred.
- Strong communication and report presentation skills required.
- Applicant should be able to translate technical data into messages and graphic representations that are meaningful to a broad audience and should be comfortable publicly presenting results.
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.