RIHousing –Research Intern
Pay Rate - $20.00 per hour
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
As a research intern, you will work as a member of the RIHousing Policy and Research Department. This position will assist in compiling various documentation to support the agency’s mission and will work collaboratively with department staff to promote related content.
Interns will be required to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. This is a paid position.
Resume and Portfolio Required
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Assist research staff compiling information about requirements to live in affordable housing in the state.
- Research the affordability restrictions on housing developments in the state
- Assist in preparing housing related events
- Various tasks to support research activity at RIHousing
- Other duties as specified
Offer fresh perspectives and provide insights to projects and the team to help grow the brand and establish brand consistency.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A degree or earning a degree related to public policy, economics, construction industry, or another related field
- Experience or interest in housing policy
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and PC platforms
- Exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on projects or collaboratively in a team environment
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.