Overnight Program Staff 10pm-6am
Monitors youth to provide a safe environment overnight.
Business: Boys Town
***$1,500 Hiring Bonus***
Starting pay: $18.00/hour (based on education and experience)
In a career as a part time Overnight Youth Counselor (Overnight Program Staff), you have the ability to impact a child’s life. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system and so on. You come in by giving youth the support they need during some of their most valuable hours into the night.
Schedule: Full-time; 10:00pm-6:00am, 5 days/week
- Works collaboratively with administration in coordinating, prioritizing, and completing duties and consistently adheres to the Youth Rights.
- Maintains a communications network and harmonious working relationship with program staff.
- Documents objective observations of overnight youth activity; records, updates and enters significant information and incidents in required format.
- Carries out assigned tasks, within the scope of training and abilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in care.
- Monitors youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notifying appropriate staff when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions outside of scheduled working hours.
- Recognizes and prompts youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and available to work flexible hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
Social media contact for go-to-market campaign