Full time nurses who are hired between April 1, 2022, and August 31, 2022 are eligible for a $5,000 sign on bonus!
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
The primary function of the Family Preservation Nurse is to provide in home nursing services to support the healthy growth, development, and medical needs of infants and children involved in child welfare, while also supporting their caretakers with parental care.
1. Provide developmental and health assessments on children age 0-5. This includes the parent-infant relationship and quality parental care.
2. Complete all necessary documentation in the client’s electronic record in accordance with agency and program time frames.
3. Provide age-appropriate child development education to caretakers, including child care within the home and in a group format.
4. Make referrals as needed to connect families with the necessary services.
5. Monitor ongoing health needs of the child and maternal care if mother is pregnant, attending medical appointments as needed.
6. Work within a multi-disciplinary team and collaborate to provide families with quality services.
7. Collaborate with external parties who are involved with the families.
8. Provide health and child development-related workshops and trainings as assigned.
9. Provide support and educational groups for parents as assigned.
• Registered Nurse with current Rhode Island license. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Competency in areas of substance abuse, NAS, mental health, and child development.
• Ability to work independently and part of a team, with flexibility and adaptability.
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills required.
• Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a car to be used for work related tasks and auto liability insurance.
• The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com