Full time new employees who are hired between April 1, 2022, and August 31, 2022 are eligible for a $2,000 sign on bonus!
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Nutrition Supervisor, the Nutritionist will provide culturally competent nutrition counseling and support to Children’s Friend programs, including, but not limited to WIC, Head Start, Early Head Start, Head Start, Pre-K, Childcare and Early Head Start Child Care Partnership families within the guidelines specific to each program.
1. Provides culturally competent nutrition counseling and support to Children’s Friend’s programs, including, but not limited to WIC, Head Start, Early Head Start, Pre-K, Childcare and Early Head Start Child Care Partnership families within the guidelines specific to each program.
2. Demonstrate effective leadership of Children’s Friend through a commitment to excellence, modeling for others, and building a culture of success. Identify specific opportunities for integration and collaboration throughout the agency and provide leadership to the process.
3. Collaborate across Head Start domains, WIC (internal and external sites), Children’s Friend and community based programs to ensure all clients receive appropriate services through the coordination of care and individualized referrals.
4. Creates, maintains and monitors proper documentation of student allergies and dietary restrictions, including the development of Individual Nutrition Plans.
5. Leads and actively participates in nutrition-related activities such as Active play class, cooking demonstrations, classroom activities and Farmer’s Market activities.
6. Ensures all WIC procedures and documentation standards are met (e.g. certification of all eligible WIC participants according to WIC policies and procedures, eligibility screening, special formula issuance, general food packaging maintenance, anthroprometric measurements, etc.).
7. Ensures agency-wide compliance with Food Safety Procedures and menus.
8. Documents services in client charts according to agency and program standards.
9. Serves as a nutritional resource for the agency and the community through consultation and training, including compliance with Food Safety Procedures and menus.
10. Assists in the maintenance of the overall office cleanliness, answering and attending to phone calls, and other general client/office needs.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience preferred.
• Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a car to be used for work related tasks.
• The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
• Under general supervision from the Nutrition Supervisor.
• Both remote and onsite work required.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com