Full time new employees who are hired between April 1, 2022, and August 31, 2022 are eligible for a $2,000 sign on bonus!
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Family Preservation Manager, the Family Services Care Coordinator works to with families who are at risk for child welfare involvement. They provide in-home case management including referrals to outside agencies and involvement with family court. They act as a resource and advocate for the family’s well-being with medical, education, and any other concrete needs.
There are two levels associated with this title, Bachelors level and Masters level, with correlating job grades.
1. Provide culturally competent home based/community based ‘wrap’ facilitation including engaging the family, building trust and orienting members to the wraparound process, facilitating the actual wrap process, enhancing the family’s natural supports, advocating for families and tracking family process. ‘Wraparound’ is a philosophy and practice of care that includes the development of an integrated and individualized plan of care to address family prioritized needs based on the strengths and culture of the child and family and their support system.
2. Conduct family assessments that are strength based, culturally competent and outline needs.
3. Effectively perform wraparound functions for families including supporting, educating, encouraging, empowering and advocating for the family to express their views and choices.
4. Educate, role model, and support families effective child rearing, problem solving and self-sufficiency.
5. Schedule and facilitate inclusive family care plan and wrap planning meetings.
6. Develop and revise the family care plan with the family’s input and authorization
7. Link family to natural resources, support and community services that are culturally competent, responsive, and identified in the family care plan.
8. Conduct necessary and ongoing risk assessment and ensure a plan for emergent needs.
9. Ensure the development of transition plans as part of wrap intervention.
10. Ensure proper documentation of client files, as well as proper implementation of assessment and evaluation tools within established program time frames.
11. Support wrap team integration and promote team collaboration, including promoting the role of the family support partner.
12. Meets established productivity standards for the program.
13. Develop and maintain ongoing outreach strategies to inform families and the community of services and activities at the center.
14. Carry emergency beeper in rotation as necessary and ensure implementation of emergency protocols for families.
15. Contribute to the overall success quality of the program by working constructively and collaboratively with other staff members to address programmatic or agency-wide issues and needs.
16. Constructively utilize formal and peer supervision to evaluate and improve effectiveness in providing services to clients. This includes active participation in supervision, team meetings and agency meetings.
17. Pursue ongoing professional development through professional reading and attending relevant workshops and conferences (including Children’s Friend’s core training program).
18. Assist in publicizing agency programs and educating others about the agency and its services.
19. Interact effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds and life experiences are different from one’s own.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree preferably in social work or child development OR a Master’s degree in social work or related field.
• Must have experience with at-risk families.
• Ability to work flexible hours per program needs required.
• Proven time management skills and relationship building skills.
• Experience with computer programs including databases, Word and email systems preferred.
• Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
• Bilingual skills preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a reliable car to be used for work related tasks.
• The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
• Both remote and onsite work required.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com