Your Career Their Future!
Ready to make an impact on the future of Rhode Island?
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
- Provide culturally competent home based case management, crisis intervention, vocational development, information, and referral services to families.
- Provide home based parent child activities to promote positive, nurturing interaction between parents and their children.
- Interact effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds and life experiences are different from one’s own.
- Ensure program services are in compliance with Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards.
- Responsible for integration of services for families in the classroom, home, center, and community.
- Promote parent involvement in both home and center-based activities. This includes encouraging meaningful parent volunteer opportunities.
- Seek family strengths and competencies, identifying ways to develop those strengths in building the Family Partnership Agreement.
- Conduct face-to-face client, collateral, and provider conversations to make appropriate referrals and linkages to other community resources as needed.
- Maintain client records and complete all necessary documentation within established program time frames.
- Participate in the enrollment of all children and families.
- Meet established productivity standards for the program.
- Participates in case conferences and collaborates with other service providers working with families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Child Development preferred, or a bachelor’s or associate degree in a field the agency considers to be equivalent combined with relevant experience.
- Experience with at-risk families preferred.
- Strong empathetic and relationship skills required.
- Ability to see the families the agency serves through a lens of empowerment.
- Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; automobile liability insurance in an amount established by the agency; and an automobile fit to be used for work related tasks.
- Successful candidates will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
- Both remote and onsite work required.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org