Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and a work culture that was recently voted "Best Places to Work" and "Healthiest Employers" in the state!
Summary: Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Facilities Services, the Custodian will ensure the safety and maintenance of all Children’s Friend buildings and occupants. You will provide coordination of maintenance and repairs, or arrange repairs, for building structures, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical systems, lighting, plumbing, sprinkler systems, and other operating systems as needed.
- Work with the Supervisor of Facility Services to ensure safety and maintenance of all buildings and occupants.
- Ensure coordination to maintain, repair or arrange repairs for building structure, heating and air conditioning, electrical system, lighting, plumbing, sprinkler systems, etc and other operating systems as appropriate.
- Maintain facilities, both internally and externally, including but not limited to bathrooms, cleaning general areas, floors, etc.
- Maintain agency truck, if appropriate, and keep cleaning supplies stocked and maintained.
- Respond to Inclement Weather according to Agency and Departmental protocol.
- Respond to work orders such as; changing light bulbs, replacing light switches, moving furniture, landscaping, power washing, grounds maintenance, and assisting Maintenance Technician.
- Make constructive use of individual supervision.
- A HS Diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to work independently and follow detailed instructions.
- Solid problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety and first aid.
- Proven ability to interact with members of the community representing diverse backgrounds and interests is required.
- Reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
- Driving record must meet Children’s Friend standards requirements.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com