Full time new employees who are hired between April 1, 2022, and August 31, 2022 are eligible for a $2,000 sign on bonus!
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Supervisor of Family Preservation, the Family Preservation Clinician will use strong clinical and empathetic skills to deliver community based supportive counseling and be a vital part of the child and family’s clinical team.
Plays a key role in providing birth and foster families with a range of supportive services including service linkage; individualized education and training; support related to separation, grief and loss; contact with birth families; and information related to concurrent planning.
1. Provide culturally competent services to families including clinical assessment and intervention, case management, crisis intervention, information and referral to families referred to the family preservation programs,
2. Complete an accurate clinical assessments for each family,
3. Facilitate the development and implementation of a Treatment Plan,
4. Keep thorough, up-to-date case records, including treatment plans, progress notes, copies of release of information forms, correspondence, evaluation instruments and all other paperwork as required,
5. Assume intake responsibilities on an as needed basis. Such responsibilities include: responding to initial inquiries for service, screening, triage and crisis intervention, information and referral, completing initial paperwork,
6. Provide advocacy and guided referrals to other service systems including; DCYF, legal, judicial, medical, educational, human services, etc.
7. Provide after hour’s beeper coverage on a rotating basis, for additional compensation.
8. Interact effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds and life experiences are different from one’s own ensuring that all individuals are treated respectfully,
9. Maintain established productivity expectations.
• Master Degree in Social Work or a related field and highest level licensure, or equivalent education and a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
• LICSW, LMHC, LCSW or similar license preferred.
• Experience with at risk children and families.
• The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
• Under the general supervision from the Supervisor of Family Preservation.
• Both remote and onsite work required
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com