Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and a work culture that was recently voted "Best Places to Work" and "Healthiest Employers" in the state!
Greet clients and visitors who enter the building and direct them to the appropriate staff member or meeting. Answer phones and channel incoming calls to proper staff. Sort, distribute and handle incoming and outgoing mail. Assist in bi-lingual translation (both oral and written) of forms, flyers, letters, and agency documents as needed. Type accurate memos, forms, brochures and correspondence as needed. Follow opening and closing protocols.
- Answer phones and channel incoming calls to proper staff.
- Keep record of phone calls and appointments.
- Greet clients and visitors who enter the building and direct them to the appropriate staff member, meeting, etc. Although assigned to a home base location, the receptionist team often ‘fill-in’ and complete tasks at other locations on any given work day.
- Cancel client appointments if/when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate sign-in sheets, schedules and all other forms required at the reception desk.
- Follow opening and closing protocols.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and as well as stamp outgoing mail if appropriate and prepare for mail carrier.
- Assist in bi-lingual translation (orally and written) of forms, flyers, letters and agency documents as needed.
- Type accurate memos, forms, brochures and correspondence as needed.
- Provide administrative support needs for the building as assigned.
- Operate all office equipment, (i.e. computer, typewriter, FAX machine, calculator, copy machine shredder, etc.) and routine office procedures; i.e. photocopying, shredding, faxing, etc.
- Provide cross-coverage support as needed as well as covering late shifts and /or other hours worked by administrative support staff.
- Keep monthly calendar of scheduled activities.
- Assist in inventorying, tracking and distributing supplies to staff.
- Make constructive use of individual and peer supervision.
- Pursue ongoing professional development through attending relevant workshops and conferences (including Children’s Friend’s core supervisory training program).
- Contribute to the overall success and quality of the program and agency by working constructively and collaboratively with other staff members to address programmatic and agency-wide issues and needs. Interact effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds and life experiences are different from one’s own.
- Assist in publicizing the programs and educating others about agency services.
Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with knowledge of general office procedures, including good typing, computer, telephone, data entry and filing skills.
- Ability to develop the capacity to provide other skills as necessary to provide efficient support services for the Agency.
- A pleasant telephone manner is required as well as excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with staff, clients, visitors and Board members and the ability to recognize and respect the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to work at any CF location as assigned.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a reliable car if directed to report to another site.
- The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com