RIHousing – Mortgage Originator
Mortgage Originator compensation is a combination of base salary and commission based on closed loan units. RIHousing offers a very competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, HRA, FSA, retirement options, flex time, vacation, sick, and floating holidays.
Base Salary Range - $60,829.40 - $88,023.72
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for originating residential mortgage loans by selling RIHousing's products to meet the needs of its client base and for developing and maintaining a strong client referral base.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Market residential mortgages to consumers, realtors, builders, community groups and other non-profit organizations. Review applicant’s financial capacity to determine most prudent mortgage program and ensure adherence to RIHousing guidelines.
- Serve as the borrower’s debt manager and provide RIHousing product guidance.
- Collaborate with borrower regarding credit utilization levels and cash flow strategies.
- Offer advice on optimal timing of transaction given macroeconomic landscape and interest rate environment.
- Prepare mortgage forms and disclosures in an accurate and timely manner and ensure their expeditious processing by assigned support staff.
- Expand referral network through sales calls and other forms of prospecting.
This position establishes and maintains client referral relationships with realtors, builders, developers, community groups and other non-profit organizations. Incumbent responds to leads and makes sales calls to develop new business and manage current pipeline.
RI Housing’s Loan Center specializes in advising and working with first-time homebuyers. This position establishes and maintains client referral relationships with realtors, builders, developers, community groups and other non-profit organizations. Incumbent responds to leads and makes sales calls to develop new business and manage current pipeline. The Loan Center receives a significant number of leads via the telephone and online portal. The Incumbent is responsible for the overall customer experience and interface with all involved parties from application to closing including, but not limited to recommending financing strategy and optimal mortgage amount, assisting borrower in management of liquid assets based on borrower’s unique scenario, counsel and prequalify potential home buyers; submit complete and accurate loan applications electronically, identify programs and conditions; assist in obtaining all required supporting documentation, monitor loan status and communicate said status to all interested parties as directed.
The Incumbent maintains and expands knowledge of all RIHousing mortgage products and services including program and underwriting requirements, investor guidelines and internal policies and procedures. The incumbent keeps informed of market trends and developments and the evolving mortgage rules and regulations.
This position works closely with the applicant, mortgage processor(s), and underwriter to ensure a smooth mortgage process and with management to resolve problems during said process.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Three years’ experience as a residential mortgage originator with solid knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC, FHA and mortgage insurance requirements
- Strong sales experience with demonstrated potential for prospect calling, good understanding of underwriting guidelines
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good interpersonal, computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Bilingual ability preferred
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.