Loan Closing Specialist
RIHousing – Loan Closing Specialist
Pay Rate - $21.69 - $30.44 per hour
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for the accurate and timely closing of residential mortgage loan applications to ensure appropriate compliance and efficient customer service. This position is also responsible for the preparation and timely delivery of loan estimates and closing packages.
What you will do on a daily basis:
Incumbent performs a variety of processing, data entry, documentation, closing and customer service functions on a daily basis as follows:
Review residential loan applications for accuracy and completeness.
Prepare the Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures within the required time period to meet Federal Regulations. Process fee checks, order case numbers and additional information needed through the FHA Connection. Order appraisals and title searches. Process appraisal invoices for timely payment to the vendor.
Review and ensure document packages are complete and accurate.
Prepare and deliver the Closing Disclosures to the borrower to meet TRID requirements.
Coordinate the scheduling of the loan closing with applicant, closing agent and other interested parties
Prepare closing documents and ensure their delivery to closing attorney in a timely manner.
Once closing confirmed and on record, activate Mortgage Insurance certificate, if applicable.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration or related field preferred.
- Four years of residential mortgage loan processing experience or equivalent mortgage banking experience
- Working knowledge of FHLMC, FNMA, FHA, VA & PMI guidelines
- Good verbal and written communications skills, proficient with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese)
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.