PEG Access Coordinator
Summary: The Public Access Coordinator for PEG (Public, Education & Government) Access Television will provide information to the members of the community about Public Access Television opportunities; provide guidance and instruction to volunteers in the use of the production equipment for local programming needs; coordinate proper playback of programming and provide timely updates of community information.
What the PEG Access Coordinator Position Does:
- Provides supervision to encourage the consistent quality of completed Public Access programming.
- Where applicable, monitors programming for proper playback quality.
- Where applicable, provides proper tape traffic control operations.
- Playback scheduled programing in Master Control
- Directing Studio Productions.
- Supervises crews during access productions.
- Provides efficient administrative operations.
- Knowledge in non-linear editing.
- Collects and provides information regarding studio operations for reports to the RI DPUC.
- Conducts training of volunteers at various levels of experience.
- Positive interaction with general public regarding Public Access services and opportunities.
- Provides the technical set-up of studio/field control room from productions to ensure a high level of operational quality during a production.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Technical expertise with production equipment preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history.
- Ability to travel to and from other studios for training / meetings.
- Ability to lift equipment (up to 20lbs).
- Communication skills are a must. Ability to clearly communicate issues and understand expectations.
- Positive and professional demeanor is required.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail is a high priority.
- Must be focused.