BETA Group, Inc. (BETA) is seeking an entry-level IT Specialist with 1 – 2 years of experience. Recent college graduates will be considered. The selected candidate will assist with the installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of computer technology hardware and software systems. As a growing and expanding company of 160+ engineers, landscape architects and support personnel, this position offers the potential for career growth and expanding responsibilities.
The tech stuff:
This position will report to the IT Director and is based in our Lincoln, RI office. The ideal candidate will provide support in a variety of areas including:
- Providing telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users
- Installing and maintaining workstations and desktop/laptop images
- Utilizing and maintaining a support ticket system
- Maintaining a Microsoft 365 email system
- Identifying and procuring hardware and software
- Loading appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and office applications
- Collaborating with third-party support
- Assisting in the evaluation and procurement of computer accessories and supplies
The fine print:
- Associate’s degree in computer, IT, or related area of study required, bachelor’s preferred
- Periodic travel to other office locations required
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
How to apply:
Submit resume to email@example.com, referencing job code 21-ITS-01GS. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.