Senior Enterprise Applications Developer
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Support the College's software applications, data, and reporting needs by performing a variety of advanced technical functions
- Design, develop, and maintain data-level integrations and ETL processes between the ERP (Banner) and related enterprise applications. Develop custom queries and reports to meet user requirements; write program code to extend system functionality, incorporate new sub-systems and make other application changes and updates; participate in conducting and analyzing the results of system testing processes to ensure performance against application requirements; and develop user and applications documentation.
- Develop technical specifications and application design criteria based on department function requirements and business needs; design and establish configuration requirements for applications; develop prototypes; write program code using applicable programming languages; adhere to industry best practices and standards encompassing principles of software architecture and established programming conventions; and design methods for establishing software interfaces, hardware, and IT infrastructure requirements.
- Provide application development and user support for assigned areas of responsibility; analyze and troubleshoot functional and technical problems, including database, hardware, software, and communication-related errors; research enterprise system documentation; identify errors and work with IT staff, vendor representatives, and users to make necessary changes to solve problems. Provide on-call application support for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Define scope and deliverables for assigned applications development projects to meet user requirements; identify and analyze complex, ambiguous, and/or conflicting development issues; and provide feedback on, and help translate business processes into, applications that meet department needs.
- Provide project leadership for technology initiatives; work closely with departments to define project scope; develop project task lists and time estimates; manage the completion of project tasks to meet timelines; train end-users; monitor and report on progress; and coordinate the work of outside consultants to ensure deliverables are being met and are of consistent quality.
Serve as a team member to implement software enhancements and upgrades.
Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in systems analysis and applications design and development or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing and maintaining software, reports, implementing and supporting third-party applications, and transformation of data
- Experience working collaboratively with users and co-workers
- Ability to provide project leadership
- Ability to evaluate alternatives and make sound, independent decisions within established guidelines
- Ability to read, interpret, explain, and apply technical information on business processes, software, and hardware to technical and non-technical users
- Ability to set priorities and organize work to complete project responsibilities efficiently and effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity is required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Requisition Number: AS542P
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.