Human Resources Director
RIHousing – Human Resources Director
Salary - $100,980.12 - $151,470.18 Annually
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
The Human Resources Director (HR Director) provides organizational leadership and guidance on human resource issues and directs human resource planning and administration at RIHousing. The HR Director leads the implementation of human resources strategies and initiatives that align with RIHousing’s mission and strategic plan. The HR Director works to position the corporation as an “employer of choice” by instituting best practices from within the field of human resources and organizational development. The HR Director cultivates the corporation’s ability to recruit and retain employees through best practices, competitive benefits and compensation, talent development, and a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The HR Director leads a Human Resources Department (HR Department) team of three staff, including a Payroll Specialist and two Generalists. The HR Department provides oversight of benefits, compensation and organizational services, employee and labor relations, recruitment and staffing, and talent development. This position is currently working in the corporation offices in Providence.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
The HR Director is responsible for managing all HR operations, including recruitment, onboarding, employment services, benefits management, training and development, performance management, employee evaluation, compensation equity, employee engagement, occupational health and safety, professional development, and management of staff members.
The HR Director identifies staffing needs and provides leadership in developing and advancing strategies to attract, build, promote, develop and retain a diverse, inclusive and highly competent workforce. The HR Director advises departments on issues such as restructuring, reclassifications and reorganizations, and provides guidance on realignment opportunities and implications.
The HR Director supports supervisors in managing employee performance issues, facilitates discussion and resolution of individual and group employee and labor relations issues and conflicts, and ensures compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations, and RIHousing policies, e.g., accommodations, leaves, Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Action, Title VII, FLSA, ADAA, National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
The HR Director conducts research and analysis of organizational trends, including review of reports and metrics from the corporation’s human resources information system (HRIS). The HR Director maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment laws; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy and practice to executive management.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development or related field. Master’s degree or other advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
- Seven to ten years of experience in Human Resources or related positions preferred.
- Progressively responsible Human Resource management and leadership experience.
- Ability to think strategically, collaborate with others, build consensus, and articulate and implement human resources programs that reflect the Corporation’s mission and goals.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to organize, summarize, and effectively present initiatives to colleagues.
- Demonstrated track record leading, implementing, and communicating change management initiatives in complex organizations.
- Success in building a “best in class” talent management process, which actively invests in employees identified through performance management and succession planning processes.
- A record of attracting, mentoring and retaining high-quality talent and building vibrant, empowered teams.
- Unparalleled personal integrity, ethics, and drive.
- An articulate and persuasive communicator and problem solver.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential documents and information.
- Strong listening and communication skills; a presence that earns trust, confidence and respect; and the ability to lead by influence and example.
- Track record that highlights a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Effective working knowledge of federal, state, labor, and employment laws and regulations to include Occupational Safety and Health Act and worker’s compensation reporting requirements.
- Solid understanding of HR operations models, tools, and programs. Prior experience in the leveraging of technology to support human resource management tasks.
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive Salary
- Parking Stipend
- Excellent Benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan Options
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite/Remote Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of PBN’s “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- PBN’s Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.