Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
RIHousing – Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Salary - $75,775.80 - $109,652.04
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning business objectives and Human Resource functions to deliver value-added service to management and employees in designated business units. The HRBP develops human resources solutions and supports business units on human resource-related matters. The HRBP will partner with management to drive people focused initiatives including performance management, compensation management, workforce planning, and organizational development strategies. Incumbent will serve as a point of contact for employee questions and concerns regarding company policies and procedures
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Recommend human resources practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Proactively advise business unit leaders in employee life-cycle areas such as hiring, promotions, performance management, and terminations. Develop innovative and agile recruiting strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent to meet RIHousing’s needs.
- Handle employee relations issues and concerns working with internal partners and senior leaders to determine resolutions.
- Protect the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies, compliance, governmental laws, and regulations.
- Work closely with business unit managers to gain a comprehensive understanding of department hiring needs. Provide oversight of the talent acquisition process including workforce planning and ensure compliance with compensation guidelines and approvals. Provide input on salary recommendations.
- Develop and execute comprehensive training and career development to meet business unit and employee needs.
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, such as succession planning, leadership, and mentorship programs.
- The experience and expertise to drive an employee-centric company culture that emphasizes customer service excellence, quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Demonstrable experience contributing to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) insights, and knowledge to increase awareness and understanding of DEIB as a critical business imperative.
- A minimum of 5 years of Generalist/HR Business Partner experience with proven expertise in talent management, workforce planning, change management, organizational development, and other strategic people related programs supporting corporate organizations.
- Working knowledge of human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational behavior, employee relations, diversity, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experienced with internal investigatory processes and how to ensure outcomes are fair, consistent, and compliant with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience assessing organizational learning and developmental needs to drive and deliver training initiatives.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and familiarity with continuous improvement practices.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a team member.
- High degree of judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.