SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Housekeeping Attendant will be responsible for providing a variety of functions in the housekeeping department while providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. The housekeeping functions include: 1) cleaning of guest rooms in a timely manner, complying with room amenities according to hotel standards and assisting with guests requests, 2) maintaining cleanliness for back of the house and general appearance of public areas and assisting other housekeeping attendants to ensure there is enough supply of guest room materials and linen count.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Regular attendance is required in compliance with Beatrice standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include a clean, pressed uniform and correct nametag when working.
- Always comply with Beatrice standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, always, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Clean and service assigned guest rooms in a timely and organized manner according to procedures and standards.
- Notify guest services (front desk) when service is complete so rooms may be sold, per standards.
- Immediately report any room unable to be serviced within appropriate time standards to supervisor.
- Report needed repairs or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Respond to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain linen cart and supplies in a neat and organized manner and to department standards.
- Maintain security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Adhere to par stocking of items; avoid overstocking of items.
- Report lost and found articles to supervisor.
- Report low par stock items immediately to management.
- Follow procedures for team cleaning and self-inspecting program, if applicable.
- Be familiar with all fire extinguishers and locations on guest room floors.
- Knowledgeable of fire and other safety procedures, including those for Bloodborne Pathogen, and heavy lifting techniques.
- Report any observed suspicious behavior to Supervisor immediately.
- Thoroughly clean and restock assigned guest rooms per hours assigned.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties including but not limited to guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set up.
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closet clean neat swept and vacuumed.
- Prepare housekeeping cleaning cart for next day use.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED certification helpful or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Bi-lingual desired.
- Previous hotel or industrial experience desired.
- Experience in hotels working in various assignments within the same or other departments preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and weekends.
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.