The role of Operations Manager at The Beatrice Hotel requires solid leadership, a team spirit and rigorous operational capability and experience.
Working with the General Manager, a direct and collaborative approach is required with the property team, the community, the ownership group, and the Main Street Hospitality (MSH) home office team. The Operations Manager will be an essential part of the pre-opening and opening program. Utilizing your leadership skills, you will assist the GM and MSH People Team to hire & retain the best talent in the market.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Upon Hotel Opening, the Operations Manager will support the GM and help lead, supervise, and develop the performance of the Front Office and Housekeeping teams. The goal is to ensure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost-efficient manner. The Operations Manager assists the GM and MSH Leadership Team in creating, implementing, sustaining, and evolving the culture of MSH at the property level for employees and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Beatrice Hotel standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes proper dress and a correct nametag when working.
- Comply at all times with Beatrice Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Will be responsible for the supervision of Front Office & Housekeeping departments while on duty, including support with scheduling, organizing of activities, employment recognition, coaching & counseling of team members, etc.
- Assist with training and supervision of all Guest Services & housekeeping employees.
- Oversee and participate in guest registration and daily housekeeping service.
- Assist GM with posting weekly Front Office & Housekeeping schedules in a timely manner and in accordance to guest needs, forecasts, occupancy and budget.
- Assign daily work tasks to employees; and monitor labor costs and productivity to stay within departmental budget as directed by the GM.
- Ensure adherence to procedures for hotel accounting, credit control, handling of financial transactions, securities of monies, guest security and emergency procedures as established.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction and proper documentation.
- Fulfill Manager on Duty shifts, and departmental coverage as needed.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly courteous and efficient hospitality throughout the Front Office & Housekeeping Department.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the hotel fire and safety regulations and policies, accident reports, safety programs, and what the direct duties are in relation to each. Ensure that all guest service employees are properly trained in these procedures.
- Confirm credit and payment method at check in and full payment at check out.
- Assist with maintaining close control and inventory of uniforms, supplies and equipment on hand.
- Maintain a complete and accurate set of logs (pass-on, bank counts, inventory, etc.).
- Maintain a good working relationship between the staff and other departments.
- Lead the collaboration and partnership with the restaurant & rooftop operator, ensuring teamwork to create a seamless operation.
- Determine the requirements for and the follow-ups on special groups or VIPs.
- Prepare and submit Guest and employee accident or injury reports when needed in a timely manner.
- Have accurate and complete guest assistance information available regarding events taking place in town, restaurants, etc.
- Stay informed concerning anticipated volume of guest’s arrivals and departures.
- Maintain proper key control Procedures.
- Provide direction, instructions and will make decisions to ensure a smooth operation of Front Office & Housekeeping Departments.
- Inspect the work and performance of housekeeping attendants & houseman. Provide overall guidance and feedback to motivate and ensure cleanliness standards are achieved.
- Collaborate with restaurant operator to create a seamless guest experience between both entities.
- Perform other duties as requested by the General Manager & Main Street Hospitality.
- Attend meetings/training as required by the General Manager & Main Street Hospitality.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred (hospitality management a plus)
- At least 3 years’ experience within the hotel industry in Hotel Management
- In depth knowledge and familiarity with the local and surrounding communities
- Flexible Schedule – ability to work long hours, weekends, holidays or as needed based on hotel demand.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to multitask, overseeing two departments and the overall hotel operation.
- Must work well in highly stressful situations to effectively lead, provide guidance to guests and staff, or resolve concerns or other critical issues.
- Must be able to effectively handle major emergencies, such as weather, fire, injury, or other unforeseen events.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.