SCOPE OF POSITION:
The House Person is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and general appearance of public areas, restrooms, corridors of the property as well as maintaining supplies and linen counts for the Room Attendants and ensuring guest satisfaction whenever necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Beatrice standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include a clean, pressed uniform and correct nametag when working.
- Always comply with Beatrice standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, always, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Inspect all public areas to ensure cleanliness standards have been met; reports any problem areas to supervisor.
- Assist room attendant with heavy items such as mattresses and soiled linens. Deliver linens and necessary supplies to room attendants.
- Shampoo carpets, strip and wax floors throughout the hotel as part of preventive maintenance program.
- Clean designated areas such as lobby, public restrooms, public areas and back of house areas on property.
- Collect trash throughout the hotel including room attendants’ carts, back of house areas, offices and rest rooms. Dispose of trash properly and promptly.
- Respond to guest requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, amenities, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Know and understand all services and amenities the hotel offers.
- Report all maintenance problems or safety hazards.
- Assist with minor maintenance problems (e.g. lightbulbs, clogged toilets, etc.)
- Practice proper safety rules to ensure the safety and security of all guests and Team Members (issuance of keys, not announcing room numbers and fire procedures).
- Have a working knowledge of the hotel’s safety procedures and equipment as well as emergency plans.
- Use chemicals and cleaning supplies according to directions only. Knowledge of location of MSDS book and sheets.
- Collect dirty laundry periodically throughout the day.
- Stock Room Attendant carts to par.
- Replenish stock in housekeeping closets.
- Complete removal of trash and dirty linens from attendant carts.
- Sweep and vacuum floors, hallways and stairwells daily.
- Perform heavy cleaning daily in high use areas.
- Spot clean walls, carpet, light fixtures etc. as necessary. Report any broken or need for repairs to management or Engineering.
- Report any lost and found items to manager.
- Maintain storage rooms in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.