Front Desk Agent
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive,
courteous, and efficient manner, by checking guests in and out of the hotel. They provide a welcoming attitude and are proficient in all service questions and requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Beatrice standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include a clean, pressed uniform and correct nametag when working.
- Always comply with Beatrice standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Register guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner, using Beatrice Standards and up selling techniques to maximize room rates.
- Prepare for group check in and out and VIP arrivals; become informed of events/ functions in the hotel during the shift.
- Check guests out of the hotel; process customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Respond to guest requests promptly; promote hotel services, facilities and outlets; provide guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction.
- Resolve minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Book guest reservations or coordinate with reservation center.
- Handle departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; post all charges; complete cashier’s report, and prepare deposit.
- Balance bank daily.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete all side work and cleaning duties per standards.
- Confirm credit and payment method at check in and confirm full payment at check out.
- Review rooms inventory and House Count for availability and rates.
- Maintain and understand special guest- VIP programs.
- Conduct daily bank drop with a witness and according to standards.
- Run daily arrival report and identify any special requests, delivering to the guest room as needed.
- Maintain and understand special guest- VIP programs. Inspect room, deliver amenity, etc.
- Always maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain proper key control daily.
- Distribute faxes, packages, and mail to guests for delivery or inform guest of receipt as necessary.
- Block large group check ins and inform Housekeeping of any changes.
- Be attentive to the upkeep of the lobby and public spaces. Tend to them as needed.
- Collaborate with restaurant operator to create a seamless guest experience between both entities.
- Check with Supervisor prior to end of shift.
- Have thorough knowledge of outside venues and directions to each.
- Full understanding of the Front Desk system for all guest services.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and hotel or customer service experience preferred.
- Strong Computer skills and basic financial knowledge required.
- Rotating schedules including nights and weekends.
- Light work-Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to be on your feet throughout the entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must work well in stressful, fast paced, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.