Evening & Weekend Relief Manager
Ronald McDonald House of Providence is seeking a part-time, non-exempt Weekend & Evening Relief Manager position, reporting to the House Manager. Relief Managers are responsible for the smooth operations of the Ronald McDonald House of Providence during their scheduled shifts. Shifts are four to eight hour blocks, typically from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and/or Sunday; 9:00 p.m. - 9:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights; and 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. on weeknights. During overnight stays past 9:00 p.m., a normal sleep shift schedule is maintained with the exception to responding to emergencies and time-sensitive family/guest or operational needs. All members of the Relief Manager team share rotation of on-call overnight and holidays shifts. Scheduling flexibility and a compassionate, positive attitude is a must. This position requires a minimum commitment of 52 hours per month.
- Assume primary responsibility for providing for family/guest needs. Ensure that the office and community space is clean and welcoming; complete housekeeping duties such as laundry and cleaning (ensuring COVID cleaning protocols).
- Maintain a high standard of hospitality, making families as comfortable as possible throughout their stay at RMHC by promoting an atmosphere of warmth and support in the House, providing a listening ear for families’ concerns and suggestions, and interacting in a compassionate and respectful manner.
- Maintain communication with the House staff while on shift.
- Assessing situations and following the proper protocol for emergencies. Managing crisis/emergency situations which may arise during the shift, including but not limited to: family members getting locked out, phone calls, maintenance problems, and security or fire emergencies.
- Remaining on the premises at all times.
- Assume responsibility for administrative tasks assigned by the House Operations team.
- Operate according to established policies and procedures.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Manage and address maintenance requests from families and report maintenance issues in the logging system.
- Oversee the volunteer activities on your shift.
- Other duties as assigned that are related to House operations and other Chapter cross-functional support.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and appreciation for working with diverse perspectives; cultural competency is required.
- A “can-do” attitude to get the task or job done; warm, approachable, empathetic, positive and compassionate character.
- Ability to adapt and remain composed during stressful/crisis situations.
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel; Ability to easily learn a new database system.
- A background in housing programs is strongly preferred but not required.
- This is an interactive, family/guest-facing position that requires strong people-skills.
How to Apply: Interested parties, please send a resume and one page cover letter PDF (one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. RMHCNE is an equal opportunity employer.