Student Records Specialist
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Provide administrative support to the Office of the Registrar.
- Process all adjustments to student academic records for day school UG, SCE, and Graduate schools; including inputting new grades, grade changes, academic program adjustments, schedule changes, student attributes, and National Student Clearinghouse verifications and updates.
- Input and maintain departmental Honor Societies in Banner, and contact departments to request and confirm the names of students who should be listed as members of that department's honor societies each spring. Proof the commencement program for College Events to verify that the program is accurate.
- Manage all graduation procedures for May and December graduations of all levels including the following: attach graduate fees for SCE/Grad/UG classes, build and edit graduation records to reflect current academic program; and confirm and designate diploma names in Banner. Order diplomas and replacement diplomas, serve as primary contact with Josten's representative and dealer, utilize the Josten's website to upload excel spreadsheets for diploma ordering, and contact students for current addresses and mail released diplomas.
- Order all departmental supplies from W. B. Mason online. Research and contact vendors to purchase large items for the office. Complete and submit all purchase requisitions and accounts payable vouchers, including PO requests and invoices, and maintain files for the office.
- Maintain Social Security Number project. With direction from the Bursar, contact students with missing social security numbers, send follow-up emails and update the National Student Clearinghouse as required. Obtain the list of missing SSNs from the Sr. Associate Registrar for follow-up, and maintain these files.
- Place Education stamps on students' transcripts from lists received from the Education Department, and TCP (Teacher Certification Program) stamps from lists received from the School of Continuing Education. Cross-train in GR/SCE applications to cover for the responsible person during absences.
- Responsible for training students to use our Banner Document Management System, and for troubleshooting with IT if there are any technical issues
- Assist Institutional Advancement in finding archived degree records and obtain and verify statistical academic data on former students; assist in the supervising of assignments of work-study students.
- Test Banner upgrades and troubleshoots Banner issues specific to areas of responsibility. May identify and make recommendations for additional or modified departmental systems. With approval, may design and implement new or modified systems.
- Coordinates internal and external attendees' calendars, schedules, filing systems, and records that may include confidential information.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
- High School education or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of technical school education and experience.
- Familiarity with the Banner system, Excel, access, and Apex databases.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work while juggling multiple tasks.
- Experience working with matters of a confidential nature per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Working knowledge of word processing and database systems required.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Requisition Number: AS515P
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.