Professional Skills Specialist
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Provide career readiness workshop and event planning, administrative and technical support, and workshop facilitation to fill the current and future professional skills needs of PC students, with a focus on the growing need for Microsoft Certifications.
- Serve as the program coordinator and administrator for campus Microsoft Office Specialist Certification training for students. Coordinate all aspects of the required workshops. Organize and analyze program records and data through the use of databases, spreadsheets, and program reports.
- Assist with other Professional Skills programming outside of Microsoft Certifications, as needed, included, but not limited to, event scheduling, marketing, data input, and participant communications via email and using document and mail merges. Utilize department software to ensure that event data is accurate and up-to-date. Event assistance may include room reservations, creation of event materials and event advertisements, room set up and break down, ordering refreshments, and event facilitation as needed.
- Research career readiness skills and trends to reflect these needs in the workshops and programs offered. Connect with students and faculty on career readiness needs within their internships and majors, and create workshops that support this need. Keep the Associate Director apprised of student, faculty, parent, and employer suggestions and needs to better meet them through Professional Skills' present and potential department programming.
- Learn and become proficient in using the Suitable software to track student progress within the Professional Skills badging program. Ensure that events are updated and input on regular basis, including attendance lists and points or badges, achieved. Utilize database reports for recordkeeping and analysis.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required.
- One to three years of detail-oriented administrative experience and college student management with online classroom experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional, customer service-oriented demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Banner software systems
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, and the ability to multi-task projects in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to train, learn, and apply new systems and processes
- Ability to achieve certification in Microsoft applications assigned
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and hose with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Requisition Number: AS520P
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.