Mail Services Clerk (Part-Time Academic Year – 10 Months) (September 2021 – June 2022)
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Provide support to Mail Services and the Providence College community.
Part-Time/Academic Year-10 months (September-June). Regular hours are Monday-Friday, 2:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Assist in the distribution of packages and mail, periodicals, magazines, newspapers, etc. to the students and College community. This includes loading student mail and packages into the smart lockers, sorting and daily distribution of departmental mail, delivering oversized packages, and forwarding of student mail and redirection of any mail not belonging to the College. Maintain the security of the mailroom and the mail and supervise student workers.
- Make decisions within established practices and precedents, requiring minimal interpretation or analysis, and provide excellent customer service to the campus community.
- Use and monitor postage metering systems.
- Perform basic computer functions including word processing, data entry, updating preformatted documents, printing reports, and email. Including running reports and track usage of lockers.
- Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or persons.
- Perform all other duties as may be required.
- High School education or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of technical school education and experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing and database systems required.
- Good organizational and communications skills are also required.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and prioritize assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
- Must have the flexibility to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
If other, please enter the regular schedule.
Academic Year 10-months, from September-June. Hours are Monday-Friday, 2:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Requisition Number: AS498P
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.