Physical Therapist Assistant
Performance Physical Therapy is hiring Physical Therapist Assistants!
Are you interested in joining an amazing and talented team?
Join our innovative practice that is redefining Physical Therapy, empowering people to feel better, move freely and live fully. Built by Physical Therapists, for Physical Therapists. We have created clear career pathways and professional development opportunities for all team members, ensuring we are the most desirable health care organization to align with. To make certain you are valued we offer an attractive compensation and benefits plan. We are the premier New England practice and an inspiration to the industry nationwide. Performance has been voted a Best Place to Work for 8 years by Providence Business News and is a proud recipient of the Jane L. Snyder National Private Practice of the Year award.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements physical therapy intervention based on the plan of care, including: Therapeutic exercise and activity, manual therapy techniques, electrotherapeutic modalities, patient education, functional training in self-care and home management, work conditioning and hardening, and supplying durable medical equipment
- Documents patient care, daily progress notes, outcomes and discharge notes in Prompt EHR, as per the APTA’s Guidelines for documentation, the State of RI’s Practice Act, Medicare and other payers guidelines
- Stays actively up to date with the current practices and the research of physical therapy, through continuing education, tertiary education, in-services and independent reading to ensure evidence-based care is provided
- Records accurate charges in the Electronic Medical Records on the day of service
- Consults with referral sources and other health care providers under the guidance of the physical therapist regarding diagnosis, plan of care and progress as appropriate to optimize patient care.
- Communicates with potential referral sources and the general public to expand existing business and cultivate new business and increase the community’s knowledge of the role of physical therapy in health care
- Assists in maintaining a clean and neat treatment area
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Physical Therapist Assistant must be a graduate of an accredited university with a BA or Associates degree in Physical Therapy that is recognized by the APTA; Hold current license and/or registration.
We offer a comprehensive benefit’s package including Medical, Dental & Vision; 401k with employer match; voluntary disability and life insurance options; Professional Development; Flexible work hours; Fitness & Wellness reimbursement; paid holidays and paid time off; Community volunteer opportunities; APTA dues and subscriptions, and more!
Performance currently has 21 clinics located in the following cities:
East Greenwich, RI
East Providence, RI
North Kingstown, RI
North Providence, RI
Pawtucket, RI (2)
Smithfield, RI (2)
South Kingstown, RI
Warren, RI (2)
Performance Physical Therapy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.