Administrative Assistant / Certified Medical Assistant
Application Due: Open Until Filled
The Administrative Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant reports to the Director of Health Services and is responsible for the secretarial and general support to the Director of Student Health and the Student Health Center. The practice includes adult and adolescent medicine and gynecology.
- Provide basic triage and assist providers with vitals and labs, etc.
- Monitor students in sickbay and assist students with transportation on and off-campus. Screen and prioritize patients for providers based on information received.
- Maintain, order, and stock supplies, clean and set up linens, ensure providers have all necessary medical supplies, and prepare student charts for all appointments.
- Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or persons.
- Prepare and maintain records, files, and databases; some of which may be confidential.
- Facilitate communications with external providers and labs.
- Support the administrative duties of Health Services to include efficient office function, effective patient flow, and development of patient data, as needed.
- Perform basic and intermediate computer functions including maintaining databases, creating, analyze, and integrate spreadsheets, create mail and envelope mergers, and the ability to import graphics and other information into a document.
- Sort, open, distribute and route individual or departmental incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Organize and maintain calendars, schedules, filing systems, and records, including confidential information.
- Operate and perform basic troubleshooting for fax and copy machines.
- Perform additional duties as may be required and requested by the Director of Health Services
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2-3 years of related experience working in a fast-paced medical setting.
- Ability to handle emotional patients in a calm, caring manner.
- Ability to follow sometimes complicated instructions from medical staff.
- Knowledge of word processing and database systems required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
- Good communications skills, with emphasis on telephone conversational skills.
- Ability to book appointments while triaging students calmly and efficiently.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity is required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Requisition Number: AS61P
Providence College, a primarily undergraduate, liberal arts, Catholic institution of higher education conducted under the auspices of the Dominican Friars, seeks candidates who can affirm and contribute to its mission. The College is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment that supports all of its students, faculty, and staff. All members of the community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning experience valuing differences and practicing inclusion. We invite applications from qualified individuals who possess the experience, knowledge, and commitment to work within a diverse learning environment. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Providence College is an equal opportunity employer.