Reporting Relationship: Reports to the House Manager
Supervise: Maintenance Volunteers
Position Summary: Ronald McDonald House of Providence is seeking a part-time, non-exempt 20 hour per week position. The Maintenance Technician repairs systems and components, troubleshoots, inspects, and completes service requests and oversees preventative maintenance for the Providence House in an efficient and timely manner. This position also entails recruiting, training and supervising maintenance volunteers to ensure appropriate upkeep of the facility. Scheduling flexibility and a compassionate, positive attitude is a must.
Position Responsibilities: Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the House, consistent with the policies initiated by RMHCNE Leadership and implemented by all staff. Run service calls, repair plumbing, electric, mechanical, carpentry and various types of equipment repairs in a timely and efficient manner, or assist in obtaining outside contractors for larger more complicated repairs.
- Prioritize tasks that need to be accomplished and write detailed lists for volunteers
- Promote an atmosphere of warmth and support for families
- Oversee all seasonal exterior maintenance issues
- Maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and obtain materials to perform cost effective maintenance and repair activity
- Keep lines of communication open among the House Manager, Chief of Staff, CEO, staff and volunteers
- Report to House Manager items affecting (or potentially affecting) proper and safe operation of the facility
- Prioritize assigned maintenance work to properly execute emergency breakdown response
- Work as a team member with all staff at RMH Providence, treating fellow staff members and volunteers with respect and sensitivity to the requirement of their jobs
- Maintain proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures, and schematics
- Execute other House responsibilities as requested by House Manager, Chief of Staff and CEO
- Maintain acceptable log of planned and executed maintenance activity
- Maintain a working knowledge of fire, safety and other applicable codes and ensure compliance
- Tour and inspect facility daily for quality of work performed and adherence to established policies, procedures, quality assurance, safety, and security.
- Other duties as assigned that are related to House operations and other Chapter cross-functional support.
- Knowledge of the following trades: Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry
- Experience and appreciation for working with diverse perspectives Strong organizational, problem solving, communication, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Safety conscious, familiarity with safety protocols for building/maintenance work
- A “can-do” attitude to get the task or job done; warm, approachable, empathetic, positive and compassionate character.
This position is a part-time, non-exempt position and does not include benefits. The pay rate is $21.00 hourly.
How to Apply: Interested parties, please send a resume and one page cover letter PDF (one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email should be Maintenance Technician. No phone calls please.
The position will remain open until filled. RMHCNE is an equal opportunity employer.