Your Career Their Future!
Ready to make an impact on the future of Rhode Island?
Established in 1834, Children’s friend is Rhode Island’s oldest child welfare organization. We are an innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. Join the Children's Friend family, where we offer excellent benefits and work culture!
1. Works in collaboration with the Director of Facility Services, Manager of Facility Services and Facilities Dispatcher to ensure safety and maintenance of all buildings and occupants.
2. Meets contractors/vendors as needed to guide and instruct maintenance services as required and ensure work has been completed to meet Children Friend’s standards.
3. Oversees the coordination of set-up and take-down of building areas, equipment and furniture for special events.
4. Provides backup for custodians as needed and maintain facilities, both internally and externally, including but not limited to bathrooms, cleaning general areas, floors, etc. as needed.
5. Utilizes the computer to process the facilities ticketing system (Spiceworks) to open, edit, and close tickets as needed. Lead will also take responsibility of working with Dispatcher to make sure all techs have work needed to complete daily along with supplies and tools.
6. Provides oversight on repairs in plumbing, electrical, heating, carpentry, painting, and grounds and complete duties personally when needed.
a. Plumbing – Fixtures, toilets, sinks, drains, valves, pipes, repair leaks, and oil pump/valves.
b. Electrical – Switches, ranges, lighting fixtures, outlets, fuses, and electrical equipment.
c. Carpentry – Windows, doors, doorframes, passage sets, stairs, railings, cabinets, counters, tile
d. floors/ceilings, rough/finish carpentry.
e. Painting – Prepare/patch/plaster/sand damaged surfaces mix and apply paint at acceptable rates set by agency and childcare requirements.
f. Grounds – Clean parking areas, common areas, and sidewalks. Regular maintenance of lawn. During the winter season must be able to use and drive the plow truck properly, shovel, sand, and remove snow and ice.
7. Oversees the maintaining of inventory of all power tools and equipment.
8. Oversees the relocation office equipment, materials, and furniture as necessary.
9. Oversees the maintenance of agency vehicles assigned to Facilities for the purpose of property management.
10. Assures each facility satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, sanitary, and provide Monthly Safety Inspections for needed buildings.
11. Responds to on-call emergencies as needed and communicate with Manager of any needed repairs.
12. Assures precautions against or adequate control of exposure to hazardous substances and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical and manual handling risks.
13. Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must have 3 years’ previous experience required.
- Organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and ability to organize and coordinate a variety of facility maintenance projects.
- Must be a detail-oriented person.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
- Must have basic skills in the areas of plumbing, electricity, carpentry, painting, and grounds.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to staff, clients, and contractors/vendors and must have the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonable accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Children’s Friend is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org