Wavemaker Fellowship Director
Rhode Island Commerce seeks an experienced individual who will be responsible for the management and continued development of the Wavemaker Fellowship program.
The Wavemaker Fellowship program seeks to bolster Rhode Island’s workforce in key advanced industries by providing refundable tax credits to professionals who work in STEM or Design fields in Rhode Island to help defray the cost of student loan debt.
The program also provides opportunities for Fellows to engage with community and business leaders to encourage them to stay invested in Rhode Island and become active members of the community. The purpose of this role is to develop and execute a strategy to manage, grow and continue to improve upon this successful program.
- Serve as liaison to all professional and community-based organizations and governmental partners to promote and continue to develop the Wavemaker Fellowship Program
- Monitor all pre- and post-award aspects of the Wavemaker Fellowship including application, evaluation, selection, notification process, award calculation & program eligibility.
- Design, oversee and schedule events and programs to further engage Wavemaker Fellows as a part of the Wavemaker Fellowship experience.
- Develop comprehensive measurement and engagement tools including surveys, communications vehicles, etc. Analyze data for former & current Fellows to inform decision making around programmatic enhancements.
- Recommend and implement programmatic and legislative changes as needed to ensure the program is achieving its intended goals.
- Direct meetings and initiatives delegated to the Wavemaker Fellowship Committee
- Shared oversight of Innovation Program Assistant
- Strategic thinking: The ability to look at the whole picture and understand the impact of each critical piece.
- Communication: Writes clearly, precisely, and concisely. Demonstrates strong oral and collaboration skills, with the ability both to speak convincingly and listen openly.
- Resourcefulness: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented doer.
- Goal Setting: Sets fair stretch goals for self and others. Encourages individual initiative.
- Creativity: Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices. Shows imagination.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and five years demonstrated experience in managing programs or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong program development and management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments concurrently.
- An understanding of the public policy process, economic development, financial services, human resources, customer service or related area in government or private sector.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to prepare clear, informative and concise written materials for a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong program development and management skills.