Develop, promote, implement, grow, and manage a broad collection of strategic professional development and customized business solutions programs. Plan and deliver programming aligned with the market, community needs, workforce gaps, academic and career pathways and the College’s priorities.
Develop and manage the Professional Development and Customized Program portfolio, including, but not limited to, short and long-term training, professional development, credentialing, stackable credentials, micro-credentials, badges, and collaboration to offer accelerated credit/non-credit programs to business and working professionals. Conduct regular assessments to evaluate labor market information and analyze professional development and workforce trends to ensure the program portfolio meets market demand and specific market and partner needs. Manage outreach to external partners and the community, including but not limited to industry/private sector businesses, economic development and workforce organizations, and educational institutions. Coordinate and collaborate with other college teams to explore partnership programs between existing corporate curricula, projects, services, and corporate instructors. Coordinate and assist with the development of articulation agreements with the academic programs in collaboration with the SCE Dean’s office.
Review and update existing Professional Advancement Program portfolios and regularly utilize formative and summative evaluations to review course materials and instructor quality. Recruit, develop, evaluate, and maintain a Professional Advancement faculty talent bench in adherence to college policies and procedures that provide staffing for a wide range of course topics and programs via various modalities, such as virtual, hybrid, or in-person.
Oversee Professional Development and customized training participant management, including but not limited to registration, attendance, monitoring, reporting, and participant and program progress and outcomes. Compile and maintain comprehensive information regarding faculty, clients, students, funders, and program partners. Coordinate and manage support for faculty, students, and staff delivering Professional Development programs. Focus on customer service best practices when working with College community members, including faculty, staff, and students. Focus on the College’s diversity and equity principles and policies by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
Coordinate, implement, and update the business outreach plan with the Dean. Coordinate and collaborate in the creation and implementation of the promotion and recruiting plan for professional development. Define and implement effective enrollment management processes and policies for non-credit offerings.
Develop and implement strategic communication and promotion plans for outreach and recruitment in collaboration with the SCE Marketing Director and the College’s Marketing & Communications office. Collaborate with the College’s Marketing & Communications team and the Director to manage the integration of the College and SCE branding initiatives, including coordination of brand and PR consulting projects, thought-leadership visibility initiatives, and brand collateral opportunities (e.g. photoshoots, videos).
Track and analyze the effectiveness of marketing and communication initiatives and channels. Provide budget and rationale for recommended marketing programs and monitor spending. Provide fiscal oversight for the Professional Advancement and Customized Training Programs budget, and provide detailed budget information to the Dean. Identify and develop grant and funding proposals in partnership with the Office of Grand Development and other College units.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required. Master’s Degree in a field related to education, business, and/or management preferred.
- Minimum of five years of related experience, which may include developing training programs, managing multiple diverse training schedules, and management of multiple part-time instructors, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing training programs in partnership with business leaders in private, public, and nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated experience with labor market and business assessments to shape curriculum and training.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter, innovative, hard-working, and able to take initiative
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 programs, Ellucian/Banner, and CRM experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and consistent experience using various social media outlets on behalf of a business or organization
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff
- Ability to work nights and weekends as business needs require
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
Employee Status Full Time
Union Status Non-Union
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or genetic information. The College will develop, and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and will insist on a good-faith effort on the part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will request and expect its agents and those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of this important program.
Click here for further information and to apply.