Real Estate Development Assistant
RIHousing – Real Estate Development Assistant
Pay Rate - $21.16-$23.60/hour
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for providing accurate and timely confidential administrative support to the Director of Real Estate Development and Assistant Directors.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Provide accurate and timely administrative support to the Director of Real Estate Development, Assistant Directors and other division staff as needed.
- Perform required administrative and support duties for program audits, compliance, and customer service. Ensure the overall efficient operation of the Division.
- Provide program information and referrals to clients and constituents.
- Perform special projects, research and reporting as assigned.
- Project a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies.
- A sampling of the incumbent's daily tasks is as follows: greet and assist visitors; prepare routine correspondence and mass mailings; handle telephone inquiries; ensure that RIHousing program materials and information sources are made available to internal and external contacts; process incoming/outgoing mail; maintain records retention system and reimbursement schedules; order office supplies and maintain appropriate inventory levels; provide real time scheduling support for appointments/meetings and prevent any conflicts; assist with construction loan administration. The incumbent will also process check requests; perform data entry; maintain program manuals; maintain mailing lists and other data base systems.
What you’ll bring to the team:
This position performs various administrative, research and customer service functions. This position is not routine in nature and will require the incumbent to be flexible, well organized, and able to set priorities and work independently to complete assigned projects. He/she projects a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies.
Incumbent will need to be a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Incumbent will provide front line support for Division management and all visitors by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail.
A major focus of this position is to provide administrative support the Development Division. Responsibilities include data entry of program activity, preparation of compliance documents, and customer service telephone support.
Based on the incumbent's area of expertise and experience level, he/she may perform specialized, technical functions as assigned. These may include but are not limited to; designing forms and databases; customer service; and performing research duties.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Business school certificate or Associate degree preferred; and/or equivalent work experience.
- Three to five years administrative experience, preferably in a real estate development office.
- Proficiency in all MS Office Applications.
- Experience working in a multiple department environment.
- Ability to work in multi-project environment and prioritize.
- Experience in continuous process improvement.
- Strong communications and organizational skills.
- Experience in data input and analysis.
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese).
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.