Program Specialist, Alumni Engagement
Program Specialist, Alumni Engagement
University of Rhode Island Foundation & Alumni Engagement
Under the direction of the assistant director, Alumni Engagement, the program specialist will assist or lead in the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of programs designed to engage alumni worldwide and create affinity to the University of Rhode Island.
The program specialist works collaboratively on a broad range of alumni engagement programming including, but not limited to, engagement opportunities, outreach, and regional programs. Programming may include affinity, networks, college and diversity programming, reunions, athletic engagement, student and young alumni programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist or lead, develop engagements, and set goals and objectives for assigned programs. Create project plans and execute to meet goals including, but not limited to, coordinating logistics, venue selection, site layout, Zoom meeting management, catering, entertainment, speakers, registration, tickets, staffing, supply procurement and coordination, and public safety. Support and manage volunteers in engagement opportunities. Design and produce production materials (attendee reports and lists, name tags, place cards, tent cards, signage, etc.). Assist with programs, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing volunteers and vendors.
Assist with marketing and communications strategies across multiple media platforms including print, electronic and social media, working with the URIFAE marketing and communications team.
Work on multiple priorities simultaneously.
Update database; maintain comprehensive records; include attendee reports and evaluations; and other reports.
Assist in developing long and short-range goals and objectives for the strategic annual plan.
At the discretion of the assistant director, act as an ambassador at engagements. Travel to local, regional, and national alumni outreach and special engagements, may include alumni experiences, athletic receptions and games, conferences, and other engagements as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of one to two years of professional experience, preferably in non-profit or higher-education environment.
- Experience in event planning preferably in one or more of the following: alumni engagement, development, non-profit, marketing, or public relations. Volunteer committee and marketing experience desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and phone/email manner. Strong grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out complex verbal and written directions with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills: ability to prioritize work under multiple deadlines and deal with frequent changes.
- Ability to work well on a team and interact with staff, faculty, vendors, volunteers, and guests professionally and with discretion as appropriate.
- Innovative and resourceful; high energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product; self-motivated, enthusiastic, willing to learn.
- Ability to travel; work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Demonstrated experience with social media, virtual platforms and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Join the URIFAE team!
If you don’t fit all these qualifications, education, or experience, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Join our team of advancement and engagement professionals. We offer competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, generous paid time off, and unparalleled retirement savings programs. One benefit that URIFAE does not participate in is the University of Rhode Island tuition waiver program.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at URIFAE will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. URIFAE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
URI FAE, Attn: Leo Perrone, Director of Human Resources, 73 Upper College Road Kingston, RI 02881 or email it to us at URIFAEemail@example.com.