Program Representative - Technical Assistant
RIHousing – Program Representative – Technical Assistant
Hourly Rate - $21.16 - $29.45
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it's all about:
This grant-funded position is accountable for the cost-effective administration of all aspects of the COVID Relief Rental Assistance Program in accordance with appropriate federal (HUD) and state regulations. This position will continue while the program is funded.
What you'll do on a daily basis:
- Review all required documentation and collect all required income and eligibility verifications to ensure cost-effective program administration in accordance with appropriate federal and state regulations
- Recommend approval of allowable financial assistance
- Mediate landlord/tenant/provider problems in a timely, professional manner and provide appropriate technical assistance as required
- Expertise guiding partners through all stages of the application process
- Patience and comfort training partners on the best practices and standards
- Provide technical support for complex programs to the internal team to include, but not limited to, stop payments and National Grid utility account reconciliation.
What you'll bring to the team:
The incumbent performs a variety of administrative, accounting, data entry, documentation, and research functions on a daily basis but primarily will focus on customer service for constituent service inquiries and point of contact for partner agencies with program and process questions.
Incumbent reviews submitted applications for completeness and to determine eligibility for COVID 19-related rental assistance program. They will also respond to inquiries for status updates and help troubleshoot any issues causing a delay. The representative will be a key team member who calculates and makes recommendations for assistance payments, prepares appropriate documentation/correspondence, and enters data into the system while juggling constituent service and partner liaison responsibilities.
Incumbent also assists in resolving landlord/tenant/provider concerns through proper interpretation of program regulations, internal policies, and/or legal documentation as necessary.
The incumbent may compile special reports or perform special projects as directed.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration or related field and/or property management certification or equivalent work experience
- Two years related housing management experience
- Ability to navigate state constituent service inquiries and triage priorities.
- Familiarity with local state government leaders and offices
- Knowledge of community partners, CAP agencies, and other non-profit entities
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with good organizational, negotiations, and computer skills
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish)
- Mission-Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of "Best Places to Work" 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.