RIHousing – Mortgage Processor - Closer
Salary Range - $44,012.80 - $61,263.50
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it's all about:
This position is accountable for the accurate and timely processing and closing of residential mortgage applications. The employee will deliver superior customer service and monitor the loan from origination to closing to ensure program compliance
What you'll do on a daily basis:
- Reviews residential mortgage loan applications for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Performs required processing and operational functions to ensure an efficient and timely loan cycle
- Coordinates the scheduling of the loan closing with the applicant, closing attorney, and other interested parties; prepares closing documents and ensures their delivery to the closing attorney in a timely manner.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests from attorneys, real estate agents, etc., in a professional manner and maintains positive and proactive working relationships with Mortgage Brokers.
- Performs related administrative duties or special projects as assigned.
The Incumbent performs a variety of processing, closing, documentation, research, and customer service functions:
Reviews residential mortgage loan applications received from Participating Mortgage Brokers for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with investor and RIHousing program and underwriting guidelines
Opens files, orders appraisals, verifies the validity of application information through third-party verifications, conducts regular follow-up with external parties, tracks applications, and ensures data integrity on the loan origination system.
Verifies loan documents are completed in a timely manner, including, but not limited to, required application, TRID disclosure forms; Loan Estimate, Closing Disclosure, and required customer correspondence.
Performs asset and credit analysis of mortgage application before submitting to the underwriting department
Maintains communication with Mortgage Broker throughout the processing period, responds to inquiries, and notifies them when additional information is required. Prepares weekly status reports to keep the Mortgage Broker and Homeownership Management updated on file status; communicates underwriting decisions to Mortgage Broker.
Completes a final review to ensure that loan commitment conditions have been satisfied; assembles closing documents; coordinates the scheduling of the loan closing with the applicant, closing attorney, and other interested parties. Assists Quality Control department with pre and post-closing analyses
What you'll need to succeed:
- Four years of residential mortgage loan processing experience or equivalent mortgage industry experience
- Working knowledge of Conventional, Government-Insured, and Mortgage Insurance guidelines
- Strong communication, computer, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Associates degree in real estate, business administration, or related field preferred
- Mission-Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of "Best Places to Work" 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.