Funding and Lock Representative
RIHousing – Funding and Lock Representative
Hourly Rate - @21.16 - $23.60
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it's all about:
This position is accountable for the efficient and accurate verification of registered and locked loans and the Extra Assistance loan documentation review to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and program requirements.
What you'll do on a daily basis:
- Confirms registration and lock requests through the portal and ensures accurate data received and correct deficiencies through prompt follow-up with lenders and proper file maintenance.
- Processes secondary financing requests and subordinate lien disbursements.
- Answers requests from participating lenders and closing attorneys for program information.
- Performs special projects and research as needed.
What you'll bring to the team:
The incumbent performs a variety of data management, research, and customer service functions on a daily basis:
Reviews data submitted through loan registration and rate lock portal. Confirms registrations and lock requests and transmits the data to internal and external colleagues. The incumbent ensures accurate data received and corrects deficiencies through prompt follow-up with lenders and proper file maintenance. Serves as lender liaison to ensure a positive and productive relationship.
Reviews applicable documents for funding, including, but not limited to, notes, Closing Disclosure, and ensures all conditions listed on loan commitment are satisfied. Incumbent ensures that documentation deficiencies are identified and corrected. Processes and reconciles secondary financing requests and communicates funding details to lenders and the internal finance department.
Performs data entry functions and ensures applicant data is inputted at time of purchase in an accurate manner.
Fields and answers questions from participating lenders and attorneys for program information as required.
In addition to the daily functions listed above, the incumbent purchases note as directed and perform special projects and research as needed.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Two years residential mortgage loan closing or processing experience
- Working knowledge of Conventional and Government loan programs
- Good verbal and written communications skills, organizational, negotiations, and computer skills
- Associate degree in business administration, real estate, or related field preferred; or equivalent work experience required
- Mission-Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of "Best Places to Work" 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.