Executive Assistant-Senior Management
RIHousing – Executive Assistant – Senior Management
Salary Range - $57,578.15 - $83,318.97
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is accountable for assuring that accurate and timely confidential administrative support is available to the Executive team including the Executive Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Deputy Executive Director, General Counsel, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, and other senior executives as requested.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
The Executive Division provides the essential leadership function for RIHousing. The Executive Assistant provides a high quality of professional and confidential support services to the senior executives of the corporation including the Executive Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Deputy Executive Director, General Counsel and the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer. This position is not routine in nature and the incumbent must be flexible and able to set priorities, work independently and coordinate the work of others in the corporation to ensure the completion of essential tasks and assigned projects. They assure a positive corporate image through professional and courteous contact with all constituencies and assure the maintenance of a high degree of confidentiality.
The Executive Assistant provides as-needed and back-up administrative support to the Assistant to the Executive Director in a variety of duties related to the scheduling, preparing and posting of documents for, recording, or arranging meetings of the Board of Commissioners or Board Committees. Must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Must have the ability to produce professional, error-free written work.
Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and constituents. Receives, screens, and routes communications including telephone calls, e-mail messages, and incoming mail, and provides assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
They prepare various detailed reports and documents with information from several sources or may be difficult to organize or compile. Interprets and communicates work procedures to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Provide accurate, timely, confidential, and high-level administrative support for executive management including the Executive Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Deputy Executive Director, General Counsel, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer, and other senior executives as requested.
- Ensure the prompt and courteous response to all communications received by executive management, whether received telephonically, electronically, or in written form; receipt and proper routing of incoming mail to executive departments; preparation of outgoing correspondence, including facilitation of proper postage and/or courier arrangements.
- Prepare travel and expense vouchers, process payments to vendors, and manage executive credit card expenses.
- Register and process payments for conferences and travel-related matters.
- Track budget expenses on behalf of the executive team.
- Assist in managing meetings including scheduling, agenda, ordering refreshments, and set-up/clean-up.
- Analyze memos and emails for accuracy, content, and consistency with policies, processes, and procedures; draft documents based on templates or samples.
- Manage corporation contracts and agreements, including maintaining the database of contracts, ensuring timeliness of contract renewals, and providing coordination with vendors and consultants; provides support for purchasing and vendor solicitation processes.
- Provide insurance case management, tracking, and correspondence for the Legal Division.
- Make routine corporate filings and related tasks.
- General support tasks such as document management, maintaining subscriptions, and ordering supplies.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Executive Director, Chief Administrative Officer, Deputy Executive Director, General Counsel, Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer and senior executives.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A minimum of five years of administrative support, with at least three years of executive-level service.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple business units within an organization.
- Strong technology skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; experience with DocuSign.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a complex and high-pressure environment with effective time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate the activities of others.
- Associate degree in business administration (or related field) or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Registered notary or willingness to obtain within 60 days of hire.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide!
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
- PBN’s Worksite Health Award 2013-2023
- PBN’s Diversity Equity Inclusion Award 2023
RIHousing strives to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a healthy, attractive home that meets their needs. A good home provides the foundation upon which individuals and families thrive, children learn and grow, and communities prosper.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.
RIHousing uses its resources to provide low-interest loans, grants, education, and assistance to help Rhode Islanders find, rent, buy, build, and keep a good home. Created by the General Assembly in 1973, RIHousing is a privately funded public purpose corporation. RIHousing requires its employees to be highly motivated and knowledgeable, have a sound understanding of the changing needs of Rhode Island's housing market, be willing to work within and toward a smoothly integrated operation, demonstrate a commitment to serve the people of Rhode Island, especially those with low and moderate incomes in need of safe and affordable homes, and possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for all Rhode Islanders, including customers, partners and fellow employees.
RI HousingWhitley Werts