URI Foundation & Alumni Engagement
The Executive Assistant provides senior-level administrative support and is responsible for broad and complex assignments related to the duties of both the VP for Development and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The Executive Assistant arranges meetings, assists with donor research, facilitates the work of several committees, communicates with donors, and other development- related initiatives including prospecting and stewardship. The Executive Assistant supports a
small, dynamic team of advancement and financial professionals.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and driven by a personal commitment to the highest professional standards in a team environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute to the URI Foundation & Alumni Engagement team during an ambitious comprehensive campaign. This key position will report directly to the Vice President for Development and the Chief Financial Officer.
- Under the direction of the CFO, provide administrative support to the URIFAE Audit, Finance, Investment and Retirement committees, including meeting coordination (scheduling, minutes, conference call arrangements, and staffing), preparation of meeting minutes, agendas and meeting materials, coordination of special committee-related events, and general committee communications;
- Support advancement work of the Vice President for Development’s management of major gift, planned giving, RhodyNow and prospect research teams and campaign-related activity of the URIFAE Campaign Committee;
- Provide executive support to the VP for Development and the CFO, including managing their calendars, scheduling organizational meetings, coordinating travel, and preparing contact reports;
- Records management of all committee minutes, agendas, membership lists and charges, as well as all correspondence;
- Research and prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information;
- Edit and proofread documents and reports to ensure accuracy.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required;
- Ability to work calmly and effectively with a positive attitude, and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced, high-production environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects;
- Must be proactive, detailed-oriented, able to multi-task, and prioritize an often-shifting workload;
- Ability to take on other duties as assigned on short notice;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Maintains confidentiality and exhibits discretion and professionalism;
- Ability to represent the URIFAE with external stakeholders and work effectively with colleagues at every level including the President, members of the Board, and Trustees.
- Occasional nights/weekends for select events may be required;
- Expected to work with limited supervision, communicate status of projects, identify problems, and seek guidance from the supervisor for resolving issues.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and administrative experience with the duties described above.
Join the URIFAE team!
Join our team of advancement and engagement professionals. We offer competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision, generous paid time off, and unparalleled retirement savings programs. One benefit that URIFAE does not participate in is the University of Rhode Island tuition waiver program.
To provide equal employment and advance opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at URIFAE will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. URIFAE does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
URI Foundation & Alumni Engagement
Attn: Leo Perrone, Director of Human Resources
79 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881