POSITION DESCRIPTION: STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Marine Acoustics, Inc. (MAI) is an employee owned scientific research and engineering company providing a diverse set of government and corporate clients with a broad spectrum of consulting and engineering services. Our areas of expertise include services assisting clients in meeting environmental compliance requirements and in the development of naval undersea warfare systems.
MAI is seeking a Staff Accountant who will become part of a progressive, ambitious business with excellent benefits. This position is an integral part of the company’s Finance and Human Resource Departments, reporting directly to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer. The position provides the opportunity for professional development in a supportive working environment, based on respect for each individual. A career in accounting at MAI is more than just balancing assets and liabilities. You will use innovative tools and wear many hats to fuel your growth and success – and ours.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
- Cost accounting to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, government reporting, timekeeping/payroll, and payroll taxes.
- Will perform assigned accounting functions by utilizing accounting theory and practices in order to accurately record company financial transactions.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with internal process documentation, generally accepted accounting principles, corporate accounting policies/control standards and applicable federal contracting regulations.
- Prepare and record company financial transactions, preparing supplemental schedules as required.
- Interface with management and company personnel, as required, regarding the status of accounting transactions and corrective actions required.
- Assist and obtain information for financial audits.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 0-2 years’ work experience in Accounting
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data. PC Proficiency required in Microsoft office products with a strong emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and work well in a team environment.
- Motivated, organized, adaptable and positive.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Detail oriented, efficient at multi-tasking and working individually.
- Possess the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life, and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Vacations, Sick time, and Holidays
Marine Acoustics, Inc is an equal opportunity employer