Senior Accountant or Senior Assistant Accountant
Responsibilities and Duties: Under the general guidance and supervision of experienced professionals, you will perform a wide variety of tax and accounting assignments.
- Assume overall responsibility for completeness of individual and business tax work.
- Assist partner and senior engagement personnel in resolving client tax matters; gather research and prepares reports on various tax issues.
- Collaborate with other departments and participates in client meetings
- Stay current on tax issues and pronouncements; proactively participate in professional development
- Continual professional communication and interaction with clients.
- Supervise train and develop junior staff/interns assigned to engagement
- Represent firm at professional industry and community events.
- Participate and promote firm initiatives such as business development, staff training and adoption of new technology.
- Work overtime, as required, throughout the year, predominately from January through April.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting (required)
- Master’s degree in Taxation, related degree or completion of 150 hours (a plus)
- CPA certification, or someone who is in the process of qualifying for such certification (a plus)
- 2-5 years of public accounting or related experience (required)
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Software proficiency: Microsoft Office 365, CCH Prosystem fx (a plus), CCH Engagement
- Ability to travel in RI, MA and CT for client office visits, meetings and seminars using personal vehicle. Occasional overnight, out-of-state travel may be required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.