Director of Accounting
A well-known organization in Providence, RI has created an opportunity to add a Director of Accounting to their team.
The role encompasses all aspects of financial reporting, oversight of annual budgeting and forecasting, audit process, and daily operations of the finance department.
*** Previous experience in a non-profit setting most desired. Please be advised that all applicants must be local to Rhode Island.
Responsibilities of the Director of Accounting:
- Direct and manage accounting function including general accounting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Assist in the preparation, tracking, reporting, and analysis of annual budgets, forecasts, and related variances
- Maintain the accuracy and timeliness of data used in balance sheet inventory valuation and calculate the cost of goods sold in accordance with various standards such as GAAP, tax, and internal guidelines
- Liaise with other departments on different reports and projects
- Oversee the financial department
Qualifications of the Director of Accounting:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting required Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of previous experience at a senior level in finance/ accounting
- Ideally, non-profit experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Want to explore more exciting job opportunities? Click here
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.