RIHousing – Accounting Manager
Salary - $99,723.70 - $144,306.06
RIHousing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
What it’s all about:
This position is responsible for the daily supervision of RIHousing’s accounting, financial and compliance reporting, and reconciliation functions to ensure that all financial data is recorded and reported in an accurate and timely manner. The accounting and reporting focus are on grant activity.
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Supervise, train, and direct the workflow of the accounting staff to ensure the accurate and timely completion of a wide range of accounting and reconciliation functions.
- Responsible for oversight of cash receipts and disbursements related to federal and state programs, wire transfers and general ledger functions.
- Coordinate month-end and year end close process, including review of journal entries and General Ledger Account reconciliations.
- Prepare/review the SEFA report and coordinate annual Single Audit process.
- Variance analysis.
- Maintain appropriate internal and external controls related to grant compliance, institutional policies, and external audit requirements.
- Ensure that all financial and regulatory reporting deadlines are adhered to.
- Responsible for generating various state and federal reporting and filings.
- Ensures that the accounting systems are efficiently designed, operated, and monitored.
- Works closely with the Director of Accounting to prepare/review all supporting schedules for various audits.
- Assists with the annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of test plans for system upgrades.
- Supervise and train the accounting staff in a professional manner
- Assist with cash flow management
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP and GASB regulations. Financial reporting must be completed within specified time frames to comply with various federal and state reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate and review all financial data, supporting documentation and accounting reports as required for audits.
- Coordinate special accounting projects, research and financial analysis as required.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in general and fund accounting in the governmental or financial services industry
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience in preparing Financial Statements and Footnotes
- Experience and knowledge of federal regulations and accounting for federal grant programs
- Knowledge of US Government rules and regulations
- Ability to understand and analyze complex transactions and to extract critical elements from large amounts of data
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required (CPA or MBA preferred)
- Experience in Public Accounting preferred
- Position is subject to a background and credit investigation
- Mission Driven Organization
- Dedicated Workforce
- Competitive salary
- Parking Stipend
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Options
- Flexible Work Hours
- If Position Eligible, Future Hybrid Work May Be Available
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Classes
- Volunteer Days
- Winner of “Best Places to Work” 2016, 2018, 2019, 2021
- Worksite Health Award 2013-2021
To achieve our mission, we:
- Offer fair, affordable, and innovative lending programs.
- Provide housing-related education to consumers and others.
- Promote and finance sensible development that builds healthy, vibrant communities.
- Provide housing grants and subsidies to Rhode Islanders with the greatest need.
- Team up with partners to improve everything we do.