State Pilot Testing Program to Begin After Jan. 1 - Open to all Rhode Island Businesses
We are pleased to announce that the state pilot testing program will be open after Jan. 1 and is open to all Rhode Island businesses.
1. There are a few forms that you need to complete in order to participate. Please read the attached document, which clearly outlines how to implement the program at your facility.
2. RIDOH will be deploying the federally supplied BinaxNOW COVID-19 tests to your facilities. However, you will need to pick them up at the Dunkin Convention Center. These tests are still free of charge and they are FDA EUA approved and provide on-the-spot tests results.
3. This test option provides you with flexibility with when individual employees receive their tests and there is no coordination with a courier service to transport the tests to a lab.
4. The onboarding documents and instructions for performing the BinaxNOW COVID-19 tests you will need can be downloaded here.
5. NEXT STEP: In order to participate you must return a signed MOU and CLIA CMS-116-508 to Sam Chionuma at Samuel.Chionuma.CTR@ohhs.ri.gov as soon as possible.
The MOU is found here.
The CLIA CMS-116-508 is found here.
6. Once you submit the forms, please contact Cameron Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up a time to pick up your requested BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Tests.
7. Orders will need to be placed by Monday for pick-up on Thursday. Kits include 40 tests; please order enough to test over a 5 day period. (With the holidays, I would recommend at least 10 days.)
Thank you and stay safe,